The benefits of Online Reputation Management for politicians are obvious
Voters will try and do educate themselves about the candidates. Most are seen using search engines to conduct this research and make an opinion on the candidates based on the results. Yes, there are now voters that are just googling the candidates’ names. The normal rules of political online reputation management don’t directly translate into campaigns because of the nature of the elections and the buzzing, somehow unpleasant strategies of the most successful reputation management agency. Journalism has been around for a while and it has been keeping watch on every detail of the candidate together with opposition power or competitive party. This atmosphere makes political online reputation management a challenging task and there is a warning.
Sometimes your reputation is out of your control
Your reputation is problematic as sometimes it’s outside of your control. We all know about actors, politicians, athletes whose reputations are at a peak and in a flash the general public abandons them for someone else. Granted, something happens that motivates the public to ignore us their back, however, a reputation is inherently dependent on the general public and the public is fickle. If you want to maintain your reputation over time, you have to keep delivering whatever it is that those who are shaping your reputation attribute to you. If you believe reputation as the measure of whom you are perpetually at the mercy of how you are perceived by others. They need their own agendas and are consciously or unconsciously deciphering your behavior through their own lenses and it’s a fact that their lenses can and do distort what they see.
What SocialChamps can offer you?
SocialChamps is not one of those ordinary political reputation management companies which will just give you any ordinary suggestion and strategies to improve your reputation online but we have some of the best and market proven techniques that will pull your reputation up if needed.
- A campaign website: It’s a primary reason why we suggest that candidate domain names include the candidate’s name among them. A domain name containing search terms nearly always seems in the prime search results. The best thing about a campaign website is that you can place your own message out there for people to find. A website is your best ways to influence your online reputation.
- Social accounts: Social media profiles for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn usually appear close to the top of search results. The same goes for common professional profile sites. Especially for politicians, we run accurately targeted ads and awareness campaigns with social media channels.
- Get you a coverage: News outlets rank well online. We tend to inform the media about your campaign launch and many other major events. If you can, have them include a link to your campaign website for extra traffic.
- Creating engaging and impactful content: We update your website and social channels with new content. Post and share engaging and impactful content to your social media accounts. Sharing interviews, videos, press releases and much more to build a good body of content that promotes your campaign and improve your reputation. This is the content that will get fade out the negative material about you.
- Use links to build relevancy: Cross-link what you control. From your website, link out to your social media accounts, and have your social media accounts link back to your website. By linking to select outside material, this will influence what appears for specific searches.
In politics, messaging matters. Take control of yours!